Timothy J. Pike has been a commercial and insurance defense litigator for over 30 years. Tim has represented clients in the defense of personal injury, property damage and declaratory relief cases through all aspects of litigation, including through mediation, trial and appeals.
During his career, Tim has been lead counsel for over one hundred cases in which he has represented the client through verdict by trial. Timothy has represented insurance carriers, construction companies, manufacturers, distributors, property owners, general contractors, engineering companies, retail stores and grocery stores.
Tim also has experience acting as both a mediator and arbitrator in several cases.
- Successfully represented Wisconsin family farm in catastrophic anhydrous ammonia spill involving over 60 plaintiffs.
- Successfully represented Wisconsin construction general contractor in multiple work-place accident claims throughout Illinois.
- Successfully represented national insulation supplier in alleged defective roofing system breach of warranty claim.
- Successfully represented international engineering firm against alleged professional malpractice claims in multiple mesothelioma suits.
- Successfully represented local insulation supply company in numerous alleged asbestos-related lawsuits throughout Wisconsin.
- Successfully represented valve manufacturer in alleged asbestos litigation.
- Successfully represented Wisconsin radio station in alleged libel and defamation lawsuit.
- Successfully represented several insurance carriers in bad faith litigation in both Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Successfully represented multi-state landscape firm in serious trucking accident.
- Martin v. Am. Family Mut. Ins. Co., 252 Wis. 2d 103 (2002)
- Dahmen v. Am. Family Mut. Ins. Co., 247 Wis. 2d 541 (Ct. App. 2001)
- Poppy by Cabaniss v. Muehlenberg, 215 Wis. 2d 58 (Ct. App. 1997)
- Aetna Cas. & Sur. Co. v. Owen, 191 Wis. 2d 744 (Ct. App. 1995)
- Steven G. v. Herget, 178 Wis. 2d 674 (Ct. App. 1993)
Activities and Membership
- Member of the Wisconsin State Bar Association
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Managing Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review during law school