Scott D. Zonder has been practicing law for more than 30 years. He has served as a prosecutor, criminal defense attorney and civil litigation trial attorney. He has tried more than 70 cases to verdict in trial courts. For the past 25 years, Scott’s practice has focused on civil litigation, primarily in insurance defense.
Scott previously worked at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office prosecuting felonies and misdemeanors. Afterwards, he went into private practice at a mid-sized firm, representing law enforcement in laws of wrongful death, excessive use of force and false arrest, along with defending against fraudulent automobile accident claims. For the past 25 years, Scott’s practice has focused on civil litigation and trial practice. In this capacity, he has defended clients against claims of general liability, premises liability, assault and battery, trucking accidents, personal and commercial auto liability, construction liability, negligence, class action and elder abuse and wrongful death.
- Successful representation of insurer in fraudulent auto accident cases
- Successful representation of Sheriff’s department on claim of illegal search pursuant to search warrant; case dismissed on motion for summary judgment
- Successful representation at trial of security guard company against allegations of assault and battery with verdict in favor of defense
- Successful prosecution of a gang member for kidnapping for purposes of robbery with conviction of life sentence
- Successful representation at trial of semitruck driver against claims of damage to high-end luxury vehicle with verdict in favor of defense
- Successful representation of drivers against claims of worksite injuries of fellow employees