Marc M. Crumpton, Jr. has worked for many years in civil personal injury defense and the insurance industry throughout Florida. His experience includes being named an equity partner at a large Florida insurance-defense firm for several years before becoming the in-house managing trial attorney in Tampa for one of the nation’s leading insurance companies.
Marc’s years of experience in civil defense representing large corporate clients and insurers has prepared him well for providing knowledgeable and effective representation to his clients. Marc has tried numerous cases successfully to verdict over the years in and around the Tampa Bay area, specializing in the areas of catastrophic and other personal injury claims. He has represented numerous local and nationally owned corporations, including retail chains, hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, product manufacturers, and security companies, just to name a few.
Above all, Marc is an approachable “people person” and is known in the legal community for being fair and reasonable in litigating matters, earning an AV Peer-Review rating with Martindale-Hubbel. This prestigious rating is only obtained by experienced lawyers who have demonstrated both a high degree of skill and high ethical standards over their careers. To obtain an AV Peer-Review rating, an attorney must be reviewed objectively by colleges including other Bar-member attorneys and members of the judiciary.
Marc received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications Studies and Political Science from Western Michigan University before graduating with his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law. In college, Marc was the president of the Western Michigan University Pre-Law Society and a member of the Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity. Marc enjoys travel, photography, cooking, college athletics, and spending his spare time with friends and family.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Obtained numerous jury defense verdicts as lead counsel in premises liability, negligent security, and auto accident cases throughout Florida.
- Obtained a hard fought and extensively litigated final summary judgement representing a land surveyor in a professional negligence case brought by a landowner in Tampa.
- Represented boutique security firm that provided undercover security to a large tech manufacturer and retail store in a false arrest / personal injury case and negotiated successful settlement for client and manufacturer / retailer.
- AV Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell 2013-Present
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association