Dominic has been practicing law for over twenty years with a focus on the defense of New York labor law, professional malpractice, commercial, automobile, municipal and general liability negligence defense claims.
Dominic first began practicing in-house for a small New York-based liability insurance carrier handling premises liability matters while specializing in dispositive motion practice and appeals. Later, he assumed a senior claim professional role overseeing both in-house and outside counsel litigation on high exposure cases.
Prior to joining Hickey Smith Dodd, Dominic served as trial counsel on behalf of Farmers Insurance, Travelers Insurance and as a solo practitioner, obtaining multiple defense verdicts in New York courts. He also acts as local counsel for a Florida-based luxury real estate and hospitality management company.
- Successful representation of landmark entertainment venues and restaurants based on applicable New York City Building Codes.
- Successful defense of prominent museum in claims alleging negligent installation of security system.
- Representation of commercial landlords and small construction contractors against New York Labor Law claims.
- Campbell v. Fischetti, 2015 Slip Op 1898 (1st Dep’t 2015)
- Fawcett v. Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc, 55 A.D. 3d 535; 865 N.Y.S. 2d 292 (2nd Dep’t 2008)
- Tejeda v. Six Ten Management Corp., 15 A.D. 3d 265, 790 N.Y.S. 2d 21 (1st Dep’t 2005)
- Scher v. Stropoli, 776 N.Y.S. 2d 870 (2nd Dep’t 2004)
- Testagrosa v. Brookwood Communities, Inc., 762 N.Y.S. 2d 881 (2nd Dep’t 2003)
- Cramer v. Errick Assocates, 2 Misc. 3d 129(A), 2004 WL 419782 (N.Y. Sup. App. Term, 2004)