Christopher (Chris) Caiazzo has been practicing law for over twenty-five years representing clients in all aspects of general liability, New York Labor Law, professional liability, medical device litigation and dental malpractice defense. He is highly experienced litigator who has successfully received multiple jury defense verdicts in New York courts.
Prior to joining Hickey Smith Dodd, Chris operated his own legal practice and was responsible for all phases of defense litigation from initial pleadings through discovery and trial. He supervised and managed all aspects of a diverse caseload including, but not limited to, premises liability, personal injury, general liability, labor law and property damage through and including trials and appeals.
Prior to that, over the course of his career Chris has worked for several well-known New York insurance defense firms, where he likewise was responsible for all phases of defense litigation from case inception through trial.
Chris has authored multiple articles including “Buying Your Peace,” “The Use of New York General Obligation Law 15-108 To Settle Out In A Multiple Defendant Litigation,” and “Understanding The Timely Notice Provisions of New York Insurance Law.” He is a member of the New York State Bar Association along with the Westchester County and Bronx County Bar Associations.
- Successfully discovered an anti-subrogation issue on the eve of trial in a newly transferred case which ultimately led to dismissal of the case.
- Representation of a major fast-food franchise in all foodborne illness cases within New York after completion of training at franchise’s national headquarters.
- Representation of major scaffolding companies against claims of general liability and labor law cases.
- Representation of prominent builder of skyscrapers and other buildings within New York City against claims of general liability, labor law and insurance coverage issues.
- Representation of major medical malpractice insurance companies against all claims brought against their physicians, dentists, hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Representation of nursing homes and aging care facilities against claims of general negligence and malpractice.
- Representation of nationwide dental services company against any and all claims relating to their facilities and employees.
- Representation of physicals and dentists in hearings before the New York Office of Professional Discipline.
- Successfully defended multiple insurance companies against declaratory judgment actions regarding a variety of coverage issues in state and federal courts.
- Successfully defended a major trucking company in Bronx County by achieving a defense verdict in a case where change of success was measured at 10% or less and policy limits and reserve were $5 Million.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the New York State, Westchester County and Bronx County Bar Associations
- Chair of the National Dental Litigation Practice Group