Byron has worked in the insurance industry in various capacities for more than 25 years. This includes, but is not limited to, claims handling and litigation of commercial and personal liability claims, P.I.P., worker’s compensation, employment and subrogation litigation. Byron handled and managed these cases from initial intake through jury or bench trial or administration hearings.
Byron has worked on a wide variety of both sophisticated and routine legal matters, including litigation management, coverage opinions, compliance, developing litigation strategy and budgets, vetting along with retaining and managing external counsel. He has also engaged in dispute resolution, mediation and settlement of cases and claims while developing strong working relations with internal management.
Byron’s experience has afforded him opportunities of drafting, reviewing, negotiating and counseling business managers on a broad range of commercial transactions, including contracts, non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements.
- Successful representation of commercial carrier in large loss commercial property damaged subrogation litigation recovering millions on behalf of carrier
- Successful representation of commercial carrier in worker’s compensation litigation involving loss of limb
- Successful representation of commercial carrier in liability litigation involving automobile accidents
- Successful representation of carrier in personal injury protection claims that involved fraudulent billing by medical provider
- Successful representation of client in automobile negligence cases involving severe injuries
- Successful representation of commercial carrier in indemnity liability cases