Ann DelCollo is the Managing Attorney for the Insurance Defense Practice Group of Hickey Smith Dodd. In her role as Managing Attorney, Ann is responsible for hiring, assigning cases and monitoring caseloads, and monitoring the individual performance of each attorney. Ann also sets strategic performance goals for the Practice Group that are designed to promote professional growth and job satisfaction for the attorneys while at the same time contributing to the growth and success of Hickey Smith Dodd LLP.
Ann is an insurance defense industry veteran. She has devoted her career to defending personal injury lawsuits in Philadelphia, and its surrounding counties. For the better part of the last 25 years, Ann has defended insurers as either an in-house counsel for two of the largest carriers in the county or in the law firm setting. Having worked in the industry as both an in-house counsel and law firm litigator, she brings a grounded and well-balanced understanding to the practice.
Ann has appeared in more than 500 trials or arbitrations on behalf of her insurance industry clients. She has extensive experience defending personal injury lawsuits involving both personal and commercial lines. Ann also has significant experience in the areas of business litigation, employee theft, class-action asbestos litigation and criminal defense.
Ann began her career in Philadelphia as an insurance defense attorney, defending medical malpractice, personal injury and asbestos lawsuits. From there she served as trial counsel for Allstate Insurance Company, and later, she served as senior trial counsel for Nationwide Insurance Company.
As trial counsel for several major insurance companies, as well as many smaller carriers, Ann has represented a wide range of business entities, including commercial property owners, property management groups, general contractors in the construction industry, hospitals, manufacturers, restaurants and bars, and landscaping companies, as well as individual property owners and drivers.
- Represented a general contractor in the construction industry in a multi-million-dollar construction injury case.
- Represented a manufacturer of industrial brakes in class-action asbestos litigation.
- Represented an employer in an employee theft case that resulted in the return of more than $300,000 to the employer. Facilitated the criminal prosecution of the employee.
- Represented a business owner in a dispute over real estate and property management business located on the island of St. Maarten. The case went to trial, resulting in a favorable verdict for client.
Published Works and Lectures
- Philadelphia Bar Institute, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Speaker, “Arbitration Practice in Philadelphia County.”
- Allstate Insurance Company, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Presenter, “The Art of Cross-Examining the Expert Witness.”
Activities and Membership
Ann was recently elected to serve as Board Chair for The Northeast Health Group, Inc. As Board Chair, Ann is responsible for overseeing the Board of Directors serving four nursing home facilities located in Massachusetts. Ann also sits on the Board of Directors for Greater Delaware Valley Chapter of The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and has worked as a volunteer for that organization since 2015. An avid runner, Ann has completed two marathons and enjoys competing in trail racing near her hometown of Lock Haven, Pennsylvania.