Since 1998, Robert Conti has been practicing civil litigation with an emphasis in complex multi-party bodily injury actions involving the New York State Labor Law protections for injured employees. His knowledge, skills and abilities include interrelated contract interpretation, indemnification agreements, insurance procurement clauses and insurance coverage issues.
Prior to joining Hickey Smith Dodd, Robert was senior associate and of counsel to the Westermann Sheehy law firm where he focused on construction litigation and appeals for commercial developers and owners. Prior to his association with the Westermann firm, he was senior associate in a general practice firm where he supervised a litigation team while counseling clients and litigation matters from inception through appeals, including but not limited to, general tort liability, federal civil rights, municipal law and Labor Law.
- Successful representation of construction management firm in litigation involving liability to injured employees under New York State Labor Law.
- Successful representation of commercial and personal lines liability insurer in suits involving contractual indemnity and additional insured status.
- Successful representation and counsel to personal lines liability insurer in matters based upon material misrepresentations and fraud in policy applications.
- Successful representation of municipality in claims and suits involving premises liability, auto liability and federal civil rights.
- Successful representation of Fortune 500 auto manufacturer in serious bodily suits arising out of consumer lease agreements.
- Helga Maisinet v. 360 Boom, 2018 NY Slip Op 71869 (2d Dept. 2018)
- Estate of Rose Romain, 2/26/2010 N.Y.L.J. 45, (col. 1) (Sur.Ct., Suffolk Co., 2010)
- In re Piecuch Family Trust, 7/23/2008 N.Y.L.J. 32, (col. 3), Ilene Sherwin Cooper,Trusts and Estates Update, 9/15/2008 N.Y.L.J. 3, (col. 1).
- Schiffman v. Hann Auto Trust,56 A.D.3d 650, 871 N.Y.S.2d 161 (2d Dept. 2008).
- Miguel v. 41_42 Owners Corp.,D.3d 488, 869 N.Y.S.2d 166, 2008 N.Y. Slip Op. 09566 (2d Dept. 2008), 115 A.L.R. 5th.
- Aloise v. Saulo,51 A.D.3d 829, 858 N.Y.S.2d 355, 2008 WL 2132837, 2008 N.Y. Slip Op. 04629 (2d Dept. 2008).
- Aloise v. Saulo,51 A.D.3d 831, 858 N.Y.S.2d 354, 2008 WL 2132831, 2008 N.Y. Slip Op. 04630 (2d Dept. 2008), 44A N.Y. Jur. 2d Disclosure Â§ 254.
- Kobiashvilli v. Hill, 8 N.Y.3d 905, 834 N.Y.S.2d 77 (2007), 3/29/2007 N.Y.L.J. 26, (col.1).
- Kobiashvilli v. Hill,34 A.D.3d 747, 828 N.Y.S.2d 68, 2006 N.Y. Slip Op. 08934 (2d Dept. 2006); 86 N.Y. Jur. 2d Premises Liability 372.
- Schiffman v. Hann Auto Trust, 12 Misc.3d 1164(A), 819 N.Y.S.2d 213, 2006 N.Y. Slip Op. 51060(U) (Sup.Ct., Nassau Co., 2006).
Published Works and Lectures
- Contributing author to “Legal Muscle: Anabolics In America”, Rick Collins, J.D., Legal Muscle Publishing, East Meadow, New York, (2002). ISBN 0_9726384_07 (legalmusclebooks.com). Author of several chapters including “Fast Cars and Anavars,” analyzing and discussing the Fourth Amendment and New York State, Supreme Court and seminal state case law.
- Contributing author to “Star Profile: The Steroid Lawyer, Rick Collins” with Brent Allen and Rick Collins, Esq., MuscleMag International Magazine, April 2003.
- Contributing author to “Drug Testing Q & A”, with Rick Collins, Esq., Muscular Development Magazine, June 2003
Activities and Membership
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association