Nichole Camiso brings over a decade of civil litigation experience to the firm, with a concentration in insurance defense. She has defended over 300 cases to successful resolution, by way of settlement, arbitration, mediation, or trial.
Nichole has a broad range of experience in matters such as complex litigation, insurance coverage, SIU/fraud, construction litigation, premises liability, products liability, wrongful death, employment and labor law, public entity liability, professional liability, civil rights litigation, DRAM shop and liquor liability, and personal injury.
Throughout her career, Nichole has honed her skills in the field of insurance defense. Before joining Hickey Smith, Nichole worked as a senior trial attorney for the law firm of Faust Goetz Schenker & Blee. There, her practice involved complex litigation matters, including multi-party construction and premises liability matters, insurance coverage and contractual indemnification issues, construction defect claims, DRAM shop/liquor liability, professional liability, personal injury, and catastrophic injury/wrongful death matters.
- Successfully defended a major development company from liability, indemnification, and breach of contract claims in a catastrophic injury claim brought by an employee of a subcontractor
- Representation of a national insurance carrier in civil matters related to SIU/fraud claims, and insurance coverage
- Obtained a dismissal with prejudice on the issue of res ipsa loquitor in a social host/liquor liability matter
- Representation of multiple general contractors and subcontractors in matters of liability, contractual indemnification, and consumer fraud
- Successfully handled various matters as personal counsel on behalf of Township Professional Firefighters Association, Local Union, and FMBA
- Representation of developers and commercial property owners in matters involving liability and construction defect claims
- Representation of prominent universities, restaurants, nightclubs, trucking companies, and other commercial enterprises in matters of premises and professional liability