Natalie is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator and Florida Qualified Arbitrator. She has practiced throughout the state of Florida in civil litigation matters arising from premises liability, trucking transportation, property damage, automobile negligence, and products liability.
Before joining Hickey Smith Dodd, Natalie served as an attorney for two Florida-based insurance defense law firms where she handled matters in the areas of auto negligence, wrongful death, nursing home litigation, resorts and leisure liability, retail liability, premises liability, products liability, ADA claims, governmental liability/sovereign immunity, premises and automobile insurance defense, and property damage.
During law school, Natalie interned in-house with Minor League baseball headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL, worked for well-known tv personality Judge Judy, and clerked for a judge in the Sixth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida.
Natalie brings a breath of experience in mediation and arbitration to Hickey Smith clients. She has experience mediating matters involving personal injury, premises liability, property damage, auto negligence, products liability, wrongful death, and breach of contract.
- Independent contractor for Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS): Natalie has mediated hundreds of residential and commercial property disputes.
- Independent contractor for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA): Natalie has arbitrated matters involving brokerage firms and exchange markets in the securities industry.
- Independent contractor for American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA): Natalie has arbitrated matters involving employment related issues in health law.
As counsel representing insurance companies and insureds, Natalie has represented a wide range of business entities:
- Successfully argued numerous summary judgment motions in which Plaintiff’s claims were dismissed for fraud
- Representation of restaurants and hotels throughout the state of Florida
- Representation of several fortune 500 companies
- Representation of retail stores throughout the state of Florida
- Second chaired several trials in which defense verdict was awarded
PUBLISHED WORKS AND LECTURES
- Stetson University College of Law, Guest Lecturer, “Cultural Diversity in Mediation”
- Florida Bar: Young Lawyers Division ADR CLE, Presenter, “Litigation Loans in Mediation”
- National Insurance Claims Seminar, Presenter, “Spinal Injuries and Bad Faith,” Atlanta, GA
- Florida Insurance Claims Seminar, Presenter, “Discovery issues in Pre-suit Mediation,”
- Paralegal Association of Florida, Presenter, “Best Practices Preparing for Mediation,”
- NALA Annual Conference, Presenter, “Navigating Ride Sharing Laws,” St. Louis, MO
- NALA Annual Conference, Presenter, “Using Social Media to your Advantage in Litigation,”
- Tampa Bay Paralegal Association, Presenter, “How Proposals for Settlement Effect Mediation”
- Tampa Bay Paralegal Association, Presenter, “What to do when your case has been ordered to Arbitration”
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIP
Natalie is a member of the Florida Bar Association, an Executive Council member of the Florida Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, and a Neutral for National Arbitration and Mediation (NAM). She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Clearwater Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division.