Mark Grodberg has been a commercial defense litigator for over 17 years. Mark represents defendants in matters concerning premises liability, motor vehicle, general negligence and New York State Labor Law actions. He handles every aspect of the litigation process, including answering the summons and complaint, organizing and implementing the discovery process, investigation, and depositions, and coordinating medical examinations.
Given his experience, Mark knows how to get to the crux of the matter quickly and works to towards the efficient and prompt resolution of the case through motion practice or settlement. When a matter cannot be resolved amicably, Mark will not hesitate to take the matter to trial where he enjoys a considerable amount of success.
Mark has served as the primary trial attorney or outside trial attorney for a number of insurance defense firms located in New York.
- Representation of a major European insurance carrier involving the defense of owners and general contractors named as defendants in New York Labor Law lawsuits.
- Representation of a statewide electrical contractor involving the defense of numerous motor vehicle accidents caused by the alleged defective conditions and repairs of traffic signals in NYC counties.
- Representation of a significant NYC real estate developer involving the defense of massive property damage claim pursued by adjoining property owner claiming that the excavation in anticipation of building a large high rise property led to the instability of the foundation and structure of the adjacent property.
- Representation of a large insurance carrier involving the defense of numerous Labor Law claims associated with the development of NYC subway tunnels performed by the “Groundhogs” who were specialized construction workers.
- Representation of a host of NYC landlords involving the defense of premises liability, lead paint, and property damage litigation.
- Representation of well-known New York insurance carriers relative to numerous motor vehicle, truck, and motorcycle personal injury lawsuits.
Published Works and Lectures
- Real Estate Weekly, Author, “New York landlords shoulder responsibility for lead paint,” August 9, 2006
- New York Accident Lawyer Now, Author, “What is the difference between a Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?” April 13, 2014
- New York Accident Lawyer Now, Author, “To File Bankruptcy or Use Alternative Options,” March 16, 2014
Activities and Membership
- Mark is a member of the New York State Bar Association